Pages

Monday, February 06, 2012

Update for You!

 Who is ready for a 30 by 30 update?  I can't believe it's already almost a month in!  Crazy!  So nothing can technically be crossed off the list yet, but I think there is a lot of progress towards some of them.


2.  Run a 5K - The exercise realm has definitely been the main focus of the month, and for once in my life I'm into the 3rd week of a running program, and am up to running 7 minutes straight!!!!  This is a big deal people.  I had more or less decided that it really is ok to hate running and never be good at it.  So the fact that I am enjoying this and can so visibly see the improvement is astonishing really!

3.  Do the 140 Miles - February Fitness Challenge - It started today!!!!!  So not everything on my list are things I've never done before, for example this one.  I just really wanted to do it again.  So today was 3 miles running and 12 biking.  It's convenient how #2 and #3 help each other out at least with the running section.  What's so fun, too, is that I made a facebook group for it, and now there are people all over the US doing it with me!  Lubbock, Austin, Fayetteville, Orlando, San Marcos!!!!  I love it!

5.  Take Perspectives - I'm taking it, and I'm loving it!  Can't really check this off until May, so there's your update on that.

13. See the sunrise - So without planning it I almost got to see it on Friday when I took someone to the airport in the wee hours of the morning.  I was excited because checking this one off now would mean more sleep for me later.  But alas, the sun was completely covered by the clouds the whole time, so really, although up for the sunrise, it doesn't get to get checked off.

26. Be in a "local" commercial - Believe it or not, I'm starting to believe this can happen thanks to a friend.  Don't think anytime soon, though, and maybe redefine what your version of a commercial might be.

So there's the basic gist of how things are going.  I had begun to forget what all was on this shindig, so updates are great to remind me what all I get to do this next year!  So far being 29 really has been awesome, and this little silly list has made it even more entertaining! 

No comments: