Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

30 by 30

Oh my goodness, I'm turning 30 in less than a year!  You know what?  I'm pretty stinking excited about that!  Just like that little kid.  Super, stinking excited!  Sunday was my birthday, so of course when you turn 29, you immediately start thinking of 30.  Well I know this is not an original idea at all, but as I love goals, and I love lists, I wanted to make a "30 things to do before I'm 30" list.  It was fun thinking through random things to put on it.  Some I've done before, but wanted to do again.  Some are to grow closer to the Lord.  Some are just things I saw on others' that I thought sounded fun.  Some I've never done, and so why not try new things before entering into a new decade?  Some are strictly on there because being in California this summer is going to make them a little more realistic in happening.  Some made the list, but then were tweaked or taken off.  I'm excited about the final copy, though!  If anyone wants to join me in any of these adventures, I would LOVE it!  How special if my friends and family felt like they were a part of this adventure with me of 30 by 30!

So...here we go.  It's official.  It's on the blog.  It's going to happen.  Who's excited for the next 362 days?!?  (Thanks Leap Year for giving me an extra day!)

So in full Katie format, here's my best ability to organize my list to make it all a reality!



30 by 30
Jan –May
1. Build a snowman
2. Run a 5k.
3. Do the 140 Miles - February Fitness Challenge (Feb 5-19)
4. Go sledding
5. Take Perspectives
6. See a planted seed actually grow
7.  Do something I'm absolutely terrified of.
8. Learn how to drive a standard.
9. Buy my very own ear muffs.

May-August
10. Go to Disneyland
11. Learn to surf.
12. Sleep under the stars
13. See the sun rise
14. Go camping
15. Write a letter to each of my relatives sharing why I appreciate them.
16. Write a letter of encouragement to all of the girls I've discipled over the past 9 years.
17. Go to a concert.

August – January
18. Go to a Hot Air Balloon Festival
19. Learn how to play a whole song on my guitar.
20. Donate my hair to locks of love
21. Play in the rain

Ongoing/Less in control of
22. Finish the chronological plan of the Bible
23. See someone accept Christ
24. Go on 5 dates
25. Fast from lunch once a week to pray for others.
26. Be in a "local commercial"
27.  Try 30 foods I've never had before.
28. Read 30 books
29. Memorize 30 verses in the Bible.
30. Meet a famous person.

4 comments:

KLytle said...

I love this list!!! Ive got to be apart of this some how. Maybe wait until pinecove to chop off your hair?? Or maybe I could do memorize 30 verses too...seems like that would be a good one to be apart of.

Courtney said...

I love your list Katie! :) I can't wait to see how it goes.

Unknown said...

Now this sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

Katie, I love your list, and your love for life! I hope you have a phenomenal year! Steph N. :)