I'm so stinking excited about this post!!!! So my roommate here in Arkansas is a talented craftswoman. Meaning, she can learn how to do something via google, blogs, youtube, and then her own intuition and skill, and create something that should sell for $100s of dollars and looks incredibly professional.
So I watched her make amazingness after amazingness for our own home last semester, and then adorable baby stuff for her millions of prego friends.
So why is this all exciting as I ramble about her creative abilities? Because she is combining her passion and talent of creating things, with her passion for the Lord and helping make His name known around the world. A couple of weeks ago, I got to watch her excitement as she laid out a blueprint plan for "Sewing for the Harvest." Bottom line - she is investing a certain amount of money, and trusting that through selling different baby items she creates, the Lord will multiply it to raise $5000 to go toward Summer Projects, where students take the message of Christ all over the world for 6-12 weeks!!!
It's been a crazy process so far of figuring out basically small business type stuff ranging from website design, labels, tags, items to sell for how much, recruiting people with different passions to help in different ways, and more. I've loved a front row seat to what I believe is more than just this one step of faith in trusting the Lord for $5000. It's so exciting to me as she is a professor, so these students she will be giving too, are not just students she hears me talk about, but some are the ones that sit in her classroom every day. She even turned one of her test questions into an Industrial Engineering problem but used "Sewing for the Harvest" as the example company! How cool to see the Lord use her as she impacts college students through living out her daily life and passions!
So check out everything on www.sewingfortheharvest.org for the full story and continued updates of what's going on!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment