Pages

Friday, February 04, 2011

Iron Man Triathlon - Round 2!

Ok, well not that iron man, but when I googled "iron man" I laughed at how I forgot all about how the movie images would pop up first. 

Really, this post is all about my second annual Texas Tech Rec Iron Man Triathlon!  You can read about last year's here.  This year, though, I'm excited to share that I'll have a friend doing it alongside me!  I'm super pumped!  A schedule has been made, and we're motivated to exercise our lives away for the next 15 days.  112 miles biking, 26.2 miles running/walking, 2.4 miles swimming...psssh!  Piece of cake! 

A little 7.62 miles of biking today as a prelim workout, and we're good to go!  (Well maybe I thought what I did today counted until I read the guidelines more clearly, and then decided pretty fast, "Alright, workout done for the day!")

I'm really excited for this adventure again getting to spend so much time with my friend accomplishing something together and for the super cool dry fit shirt we get at the end!  I mean who wouldn't spend most every free hour of their life for 2 weeks exercising for a cool shirt at the end?!?

1 comment:

Braids by Drika HTX said...

Sounds like fun, especially the biking part!