Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Call me Crafty

The past month or so could be coined "Craft Time" in my life.  Despite the busyness of our Winter Conference, traveling to and fro during the holidays and starting up a crazy busy semester with work, I've managed to make sure crafts are included in my schedule.  The obsession all started around Thanksgiving when I decided I wanted to figure out how to make little rosettes to pin onto sweaters. Rather than buy sweaters with permanent flowers attached to them, why not figure out how to make them myself so that I can have the freedom to change them out or just get rid of them when the trend fades away?  So a couple of google "how to" searches later, I created my very first little flower pins.  Those little flowers turned into daily being awed looking at new craft blogs which turned into tons of new bookmarks of crafty things I want to make which turned into what seems like a new tradition of Sunday being craft night.

It's funny because my roommate loves to watch me be crafty and used the phrase "I wish I was crafty, but I just love to bake instead."  So if you are wondering about my TwoNewRecipes from last semester, maybe the reverse phrase would work.  "I wish I liked to cook more, but I just love to be crafty instead."  Cooking was fun, and of course I'll have to continue doing some sort of it if I want to survive, but making things by hand that I get to admire way longer than food that ends up in my belly, and give as gifts is just so much more fun to me.  So below is a glimpse of what I've been up to.  Call me Crafty Katie!


Three little barrettes for my 4 year old goddaughter.  This is my favorite for a little girl.

My personal favorite to make, and if another color to wear.
And yet another little flower.
Funky frames to liven up a room.

This headband I kept for myself.  Nothing like throwing on a t-shirt and adding a little fun to your hair to dress it up!
Four tile coasters for some pizazz to a boring coffee table.
I bought these plain brown pillows a year and a half ago with the intent to add something to them.  The day finally came, and I love the new additions!!!!
 Here are the links to my new favorite craft blogs.  Enjoy!

One Pretty Thing  (TONS of crafts all in one place and updated DAILY!)
Craftily Ever After
Shanty2Chic
Craft Snob (a fellow Aggie!)



2 comments:

Courtney said...

so cute!! i've kinda become obsessed with crafting lately too. Sadly, Italia doesn't have the best crafting stores though. My favorite crafty website is elmstreetlife.com If you go under the "DYI" tag she had tons of cute, easy stuff! Also, I found this other website (http://rufflesandrosescrafts.blogspot.com/) that has tons of tutorials on how to make cute and simple skirts and dresses! I wish I had more time to craft...can't wait to see more of your cute things :)

Also, I love your blog's new look!

Sara said...

Awwww thanks for linking! So sweet!