Pages

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Mornings with the Lord

About 5 weeks ago, I'm still not sure what happened, but I somehow stopped consistently (every day) spending time with the Lord.  Thankfully, I still felt close to the Lord as I did continue to sporadically go to Him, but not like when I prioritized Him every day as first thing in my day.  Well that has got to change.  I miss my mornings with the Lord getting in to His Word and thriving to know Him more.  I miss keeping the bigger picture of how our lives are to worship and glorify Him above all before me every single day.  Basically, I was reminded once again that that extra hour of pressing the snooze button every 5 minutes, besides being ridiculous and not great sleep, is just not worth it.  My continual prayer request that I will say every single time someone asks me how they can pray for me is, "That I would live and lead out of my relationship and identity with the Lord."  Well I realized that you can't do that unless you know who the Lord really is, who you really are in the Lord, and the way to do that is to actually spend time with Him reading the Bible, praying, applying what you learned to your life.

So mornings with You, Lord, I'm coming back.  I will fight past that snooze button.  I will leave my warm bed and fight the cold of my room to experience and grow in my walk with You. 

Anyone else is welcome to join this adventure I've decided to once again put first in my life.

No comments: