Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Here I am!

Oh my goodness it has been so long since I've posted anything!  Life for some reason got crazy at right about the same time as my car accident.  So it's been 3 weeks of feeling off and just trying to keep up with what's happening that day, not in a bad way at all, just reality. 

I've been out of town the past 2 weekends and have one more out of town weekend coming up.  Now some might not enjoy that much travel, but I LOVE it.  Also I'm grateful for Tech's Fall Break and a day of playing "Let's get caught up in life" amongst the business and travels.  Slowly but surely piles are going away and to-do items are getting checked off. 

So you might be wondering about TNR.  Well this was a funny comment from my roommate that I've been thinking often lately,  "Remember when you used to cook all of the time?"  I've realized and been well aware that my TNR kind of disintegrated into nothingness lately.  I'm lucky if I find time to eat anything, much less cook Two New Recipes a week.  So I'm not saying the goal is over by any means, but taking into consideration the reality of my schedule right now, it might be on hiatus for a little bit.  If you have fun recipes, please send them my way.  Now that I feel a little more organized in life, maybe I'll be able to pick it back up. 

Since it's been awhile, here are some highlights from the past couple of weeks.
1.  Fall Retreat - Getting to connect with students I didn't know very well and meet new freshmen!
2.  Trip to Oklahoma - I got to see my dear friend John and Ashley get married and then spend lots of time with the students and staff from OU who went to Moscow this summer (like Aubrey in the pic).  I missed them so much and just love Norman in general, so it was such a treat for me!  I am grateful I get to go back so soon for the Tech/OU game. 
3.  This would actually be highlight number one, but I don't want to change the format.  Life with the Lord - I feel like this semester has been such a peaceful, content season of my life.  Despite more responsibilities with my job, despite being single (which usually I'm discontent in), despite what could be some worrisome decisions coming up, the Lord has made me more at peace and joyful in Him than I can remember.  It's been a great season of just getting to enjoy the Lord for who He is and be content and grateful to Him for who He's made me. 

So there's a little update.  I'm off to bed, but here are some pictures from the past weekend.  Enjoy!

No comments: