Last week was weird. Combine a car accident, lacking on the recipes, ever changing weather, and anything but motivation when running, and you just get weird. Let's say that again...weird.
I'll start with the easy topic. My recipes. Well I was running out of ideas, not really having time to have bigger meals anyway, and was intrigued by some prepackaged things at Walmart, so I decided that rather than try out making a smoothie by buying all ingredients necessary, I would buy one handy kit that made two smoothies at the addition of milk and the touch of a button. So one new recipe for the week was Yoplait Strawberry Mango Pineapple Smoothie. It was actually pretty good. I loved the reality of just opening a package and putting it in the blender. Someday I'll buy the ingredients to make a smoothie, but for now it worked.
The second recipe was fruit and yogurt Popsicles. I tried a method of combining vanilla yogurt, orange juice and raspberry yogurt in separate layers, but I didn't like them. They came out looking cute being 3 different colors, but turns out if you don't like yogurt cold, you most likely still won't like it frozen. So after those were gone, I went back to my favorite "Bright and Early" orange juice Popsicles. Pour juice into molds. Let freeze. Mmmm!!! I'm eating one right now.
Yes, I mentioned I was in a car accident. It happened in the middle of the week, throwing off how I felt the remainder, so that was a bummer. An elderly woman to the right of me at a 4 way stop turned left while I was stopped at a stop sign, but rather than turning into her lane she turned left right into me. I'm not really sure still how that happened, but all I know is that she turned fast enough to make my air bags go off, and the front of my car to get enough damage to get it towed away. Thankfully besides a couple of air bag burns on my arm, no one else was hurt. I was able to get a little rental car, and her insurance is taking care of things, so there is much to praise the Lord for. Despite that, though, it made the remainder of my work week just weird. It took a couple of days to feel right again.
Running. Well I slept through Monday. Tried to do it by myself that evening. Failed miserably. Ran with my roommie on Wed until I started feeling really sick getting frustrated that I wouldn't be able to finish. Felt really weird still on Friday after my accident, so didn't run again. Realized that running was replacing the time I usually spend with the Lord. Decided it wasn't worth it, and I needed Jesus time instead....So there you go. I think this is my official, "Forget Couch to 5K" entry. I'd rather be spending time with the Lord in the mornings and figure out some sort of exercise to do after I get home from work.
So I'm so grateful you get to start again each week. I think the funk of last week is over, and this week will be great. Fall Retreat is coming up, then a wedding in Oklahoma, then Santa Fe with my family!!! Great things to look forward too! Most importantly I'm excited to get my mornings with Jesus back. I'm going through a bible study my mom is leading called "Stepping Up: A Journey through the Psalms of Ascent" by Beth Moore, and so I'm excited to stay more focused on that and see how I can continue to learn how to praise the Lord through who He is.


2 comments:
Sorry to hear about your accident! And FYI, there are coupons for $1 off those smoothie mixes on coupons.com. We get them all the time to use as quick breakfasts. :)
How are you liking the Beth Moore study?? I loved it when I went through it, but you know my love for the Psalms! :)
Post a Comment