Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Scenes

*I have now caught up on the posts I missed while being out of town, so make sure to catch up with me by reading the past 7 posts.*

When I think of thanksgiving, pictures of abundant amounts of food, family and fall appear in my mind. I decided to pick fall to represent it for this post in pictorial form. I took this picture last week during a conference I went to in the Piney Woods of East Texas and fell in love with it. I've mentioned it countless numbers of times before, but I LOVE nature. This picture might seem like a lot of dead foliage to many, but to me, it is beauty and gratitude. At the time, I was sitting in the middle of trees surrounded by fallen leaves and pine needles, soaking in the brisk weather, with chirping birds high above me, and greatly enjoying the overall peace and silence of the forest. It was a place and time where I could just be still and listen.

No comments: