Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

"L"ong summer drive

So this summer, I am spending 6 weeks in good 'ol Branson, MO. Home of beautiful rolling hills, Table Rock Lake, and the Presley family, the Branson Belle, the Chinese acrobats, Yakov the comedian and any other Vegas type show (focused for the more elderly crowd) you can imagine. I'm here working with Campus Crusade as we help train and develop 35 college students from all over the country. They will hopefully grow in their relationship with the Lord more than ever before, and take steps of faith to share the truth of Christ with the community around them especially through the jobs they will be getting ranging from theme parks to McDonalds, as well as through Bible Studies, and a mentor relationship.

The students came on Tuesday, and I'm so excited to see what the Lord is going to do in and through them. I'll post pictures of the soon, but for this post I really wanted to give you a photo journey of my travel up to Branson. Enjoy!

The journey begins!!!
Day 1 (Conroe to Dallas) - 3 1/2 hours
Passing Sam Houston in HunstvilleDay 2 (Dallas to Branson) 10 hoursI made it to Oklahoma!Checotah, OK is very proud that Carrie Underwood is from there.
They have many billboards to
prove it.Arkansas - tons of what felt like back roads, got lost in Fayetteville and literally saw 20 dead armadillos and 3 deer on the side of the road.I know it's hard to read, but I made it to Missouri!
It's harder to take pictures while you are driving than it looks.
THE END.

1 comment:

Shauna Lynn said...

you have a fun life with all kinds of adventures! I like to live vicariously through your blog.