Pages

Monday, January 28, 2008

Oh my goodness...


...it feels like it has been so long since my last post! While currently residing at El Caribe Hotel in Daytona Beach, FL for my new staff training with Campus Crusade for Christ, my blog posts have faced a couple of barriers. One. Wireless internet shared by at least 214 people, creates a lag in internet efficiency. I admit, I am spoiled with my super, high fast, rocket speed internet at home. I mean how can it possibly take 20-30 seconds to load your facebook homepage? That is just unacceptable.

Two. So many people to have fun with. I'm surrounded by the fellowship of believers at the BEACH, so no offense to the 12 dedicated readers of this blog, but I prefer the beach over my computer screen. (If you would like a serious, spiritual reason to this, ask me about the Grand Canyon illustration.)

So this is my reasoning for the lack of posts lately. No real apologies as I hope the lack of one post of your many daily routine blog readings has created a little more time for you to spend with your family, your friends or maybe even your pet golden retriever. I have some thoughts in my head brewing for some future ones, so stay tuned. For the time being, thanks for being patient, don't forget to check out my picture of the day blog (it will update you more on my life) and enjoy your week! Challenge: Before you go to bed every night, think of your high point of your day.

4 comments:

lkrodriguez said...

ok - i'm going to ask - what's the grand canyon illustration??

Call me Katie said...

Basically the illustration is that we don't go to the Grand Canyon to see ourselves. Imagine if you went to the Grand Canyon and after a couple of seconds took out a mirror and looked at yourself. It is compared to how so often we have the glory of the Lord before us, which we look at for a little bit and then again take out the mirror and look at ourselves again.

My analogy with being at the beach and not wanting to be on the computer isn't exactly the same, but in a way I've wanted to spend more time viewing the glory of the Lord through the ocean and people around me than to be on my computer.

lkrodriguez said...

interesting - thanks for sharing. reminds me of our discussion last night at bible study about idols...ie, how we distort our image of god to reflect a "perfect" version of ourselves...from incorruptible to corruptible. romans 1:21-25.

Kat said...

like the SCC song.....but not....."I'm playing game boy sitting in the middle of the grand canyon"

I'm so glad you're having fun in Daytona!!! I'm sad I can't be hanging out with ya'll!!!

I'll get over it.....I got myself a bible study yay!!!