Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Quizzes...

I love quizzes. Remember those quizzes in our old teen magazines that told us what our clothes or study habits told us about ourselves or about our silly crushes? I loved to take them. Even now, I could spend hours on random websites that through a series of questions decide which "Office" character you are, which city you should live in, or what kind of soda you would be.

Yesterday, I was able to fulfill my love of quizzes, but on one much more practical. I've been in Daytona Beach, Florida for about 5 days now. It has been amazingly refreshing to not only be surrounded by many friends again, but to be at the doorstep of the Lord's landscape. This is where the quiz comes in. We took what is called a "Spiritual Temperament Assessment." I found out that I am a Naturalist. I "learn lessons best and connect best with God outdoors." I've known this about myself, especially as I found out that I'm not a big city girl, but it is always fun having a piece of paper confirm things.

I was able to spend a good amount of time yesterday playing on the beach, walking along the shore and swimming in the water. What a sense of freedom that came through this time. I felt like I could breathe deeper and just be. Now with quizzes, you have to be careful because of course not everyone is going to fit exactly into one of six boxes. You are a combination of many, but as I stood in the Atlantic gazing into the vast sea, I thought about the quiz and verified that, yep, I truly connect with the Lord while surrounded by His creation.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Katie!!

Shauna Lynn said...

i am a quiz junkie too! i love them! i think i can tell that you'd be a naturalist from your always eloquent posts about your surroundings.