Pages

Friday, November 02, 2007

Meaningful Playlist



Five years ago the Lord opened my eyes to the reality that I needed to make a decision.

A really important one.

Was I going to continue to live life in my own control? What did I actually believe in? Would my life be for Him?

I was blessed to have been raised in a Christian home where I was surrounded by the truth of the Lord and of Jesus Christ. In college, though, I was challenged to think about, "Why do I believe?" Is it just because I always have and everyone around me has? Am I believing because my parents do, and I'm just riding off of their faith?"

It was my turn to make a decision for myself, and the Lord through His saving grace, opened my heart to His truth. A truth that changed my life forever.

The verse, "For God so loved the world that He sent His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16) now had much more meaning to me than just the verse you memorize at a young age in Sunday School. He gave me life through His loving grace!

As I was reflecting on Wednesday (the 5th year since the Lord helped me make this decision), I was in awe of all He has done in my life. My life hasn't been perfect, but it now has purpose.

I've mentioned this before, but again music means a lot to me and good lyrics can stay with me forever. It happened that I could think of a song that greatly impacted me for each of the five years that had a lot to do with whatever was happening in my life at the time.

Here are the songs that mean so much.
Year 1: Everyday
by Crimson

Year 2: Hallelujah, What a Savior You Are
by Grace Bible Church Band

Year 3: You Led Me
by BarlowGirl

Year 4: If You Want Me To
by Ginny Owens

Year 5: Inside Out
by Hillsong

No comments: