
"...I mean I don't know that much, but that sounds like legalism to me. It sounds like when you aren't doing support you are making sure it is replaced with something "worthy." You could sit on your butt all day and do nothing and the Lord would still love you more than you could ever imagine."
-A dear friend
These words might sound a little harsh, but to me they were so incredibly freeing! How wonderful when you have friends to guide you in true honesty back to what really matters. I am so incredibly grateful for these words as my mind and heart were no where near to coming to the conclusion that my friend so simply made.
My current frustrations had nothing to do with support or anything else.
They were from the fact that I had once again slipped into performance mode feeling like I had to prove myself to gain the Lord's approval and love.
As this reality finally made its way into understanding, I sat in disbelief. How incredibly fast did I switch back to such a wrong way of thinking when it came to why I did things.
How incredibly wonderful for the Lord to use my sweet friend to draw me back to His truth!
No comments:
Post a Comment