Dear Readers of this Blog,
That sounds so official. I realize that I do not know everyone that reads this blog. I greatly appreciate that you do, and I wanted to share with you an opportunity to be a part of the ministry that I so often write about.
As you know from previous posts, I just got back from working with Campus Crusade in Italy for two years and just joined long term staff in the states and am going to Texas Tech University.
Even though I grew up in a wonderful Christian home, it wasn’t until my sophomore year in college that I began to grow in my faith. Through a woman on staff with Campus Crusade, I was told about how to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and therefore, invited Him into my life as my Savior in October of my sophomore year. As I grew in my relationship with the Lord, I learned how to share my faith and help new Christians grow in their life with God. During my senior year, I asked the Lord how I should invest my life for Him. He led me to serve Him in Florence, Italy for two years through an internship with Campus Crusade for Christ in order to share the gospel with Italian university students.
The Lord truly blessed my life while living and serving Him in Italy for two years. He allowed me to see two of my dear Italian friends, Palma and Vittorio, begin a relationship with Him. Not only that, the Lord allowed me to see them grow in their faith and develop a burden to share with their Italian friends. My own burden to reach people for Christ continues to grow, and this past Spring I asked the Lord what He wanted me to do. Sensing His calling, I joined the full-time staff with Campus Crusade this past fall.
Campus Crusade is a worldwide organization committed to making an eternal difference in people’s lives. The ministry’s objective is to give each person in the world the opportunity to say “yes” to Jesus. I have been assigned to the campus ministry at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas. My vision is to tell these students about Christ, build into their lives, and send them out as Christ-centered laborers. I feel so privileged that God has called me to serve Him in this way.
Before I can report to Texas Tech, I must raise my financial support. Like many other missionary organizations, Campus Crusade staff members have the responsibility to develop a team of financial partners who provide the necessary finances for their outreach, including salary and business-related expenses.
Would you be in a position to join with me through a monthly investment of $100, 75, 50, 20 or some other amount?
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me katie.bearden@gmail.com.) or leave a comment. Please pray for me, as this is one of the biggest steps of faith I have ever taken. I do believe that God is leading; therefore, He will provide. Please let me know how I can be praying for you as well. Thanks so much for reading!
With Many Thanks,
Katie
No comments:
Post a Comment