Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

A little piece of cultural bliss


Target.

If you have known me for very long at all, you know that I like Target. When I walk in, a sense of relief comes over me. It is the one place with a soothing atmosphere that really does have everything you might want all in one place.

It was the one store I constantly dreamt of and dearly missed while in Italy. One of my hardest cultural adjustments while overseas was getting used to having to go to multiple stores to get everything. It is part of the charm of Italy getting to experience all of the locally owned specialty shops, but when you are in a hurry and especially when you do not feel well it becomes somewhat of a burden. This is why Target is especially so fantastic to me now.

While in Italy, we would ask each other "Is this a good Italian culture day or a hard Italian culture day?" Well today was a WONDERFUL American culture day.

I am not usually one that puts high expectations on stores, but today my random assortment of items I needed all at once created a quite higher possibility for failure. Thankfully the store did not let me down.
My list of items included...

1. Long sleeve shirt
Due to the cold front, poor packing of only sleeveless shirts, and yearning of warmth for my bare arms.
2. Closed toe shoes
Once again due to the actual Fall weather and lack of anything but flip flops and cold little piggies.
3. Cell phone charger
After 3 months of rigging up my Italian charger with an adapter it was time to commit to the states and buy an American version.
4. Two Prescriptions
I could write a whole blog about how grateful I am to the Lord for making me go to the doctor so fast because it turns out I have Bell's Palsy but because it was caught so fast all should be well with the help of 7 pills a day for two weeks. SO grateful!

I understand that Target is just a store. A wonderful store, but still just a building filled with things.

So really, this is more of a thank you to the Lord for blessing my day through being my provision.

Thank you for providing me with the things I needed.
Thank you for putting them in one easy place.

Thank you for a good American culture day!

No comments: