Pages

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ode to Cindy and Ciao College Station...for now


Meet Cindy Grimes and Justin Girdler. This picture was taken when they had just begun dating. Now two years later, they are off to the altar. In 3 days they will be Mr. and Mrs. Justin Girdler! CRAZY!!! I'm so excited for these two, and have been blessed to have been a part of Cindy's life throughout it all.


I want to share what I think is a funny story about how Cindy and I first met. She was transferring to College Station sophomore year, and she needed somewhere to live. Through a series of random connections, she found my number and called me up. For some reason she was heading into town one weekend during the summer, so I told her "Why not stay here for the night to see if you like the house?" TRUSTING! I could have been a crazy person (or vise versa.) We went to a grocery store that doesn't even exist anymore. I talked her ear off that night and for some reason showed her what felt like every photo album I had. Then left her a note about how I was sorry if a frog that was supposedly croaking all night kept her up. I'm not sure what Cindy's version of all of this is, but I look back and am a little surprised she decided to take the lease.

Now 5 years later, I get the privilege to stand beside her as she says "I do." We call each other "Antonio" as if it really is both of our names, and she calls me "Bright Eyes." I cherish our friendship and the fact that it has only become deeper as we get older.


So come Saturday, October 6th at 7:00, Cindy Grimes will be Cindy Girdler. She will always be my Antonio though. The Lord is going to do amazing things through Justin and Cindy's marriage, and I'm expectant that many will come to know the Lord through Justin and Cindy's witness. Please be praying for them as they start this new life together.


PS. I am moving to Houston for about 3 weeks as my wonderful, dear friend, Melanie is letting me be her roommate as I raise my financial support for working with Campus Crusade.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie, I just wanted to let you know that i am still posting on my Xanga account these days. I decided not to change over to blogspot as I just like Xanga too much!
www.xanga.com/angels1222

you have to be logged into Xanga to see it though...

Can't wait for us to catch up!!!
Love,
Ange

Sarah said...

yay for cindy.

its also wierd that the house i lived in sophomore year is the house Cindy lived in for her senior year (?) and that she is the only person we had in common at A&M until we lived in the same house in a different country.

how's that for a random connection?!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.