Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2007

First Impressions


I always think it is interesting to hear what people's first impression of you is. Was it good? bad? strange? After yesterday, I'd be intrigued to hear what some people think of me. Despite the uncertainties of what my job really is at the moment, I was blessed to be able to help with the A&M ministry a little. Since I've come in and out over the past two years, I know many of the students still involved, but there are a lot I have yet to get to know.

My intrigue comes from the impression the "yet to get to know" think. I was helping at a Small Group Leaders Training for students interested in learning how to lead a Bible Study. Sitting in the back as the time keeper, I thought, "Now is the perfect time to sneak out quietly to go to the bathroom." My foot had other plans. Turns out that my right foot had fallen asleep, and so my quest to sneak out quietly turned out to be fall down loudly when my sleeping foot gave out on me when I tried to step on it.

I tumbled down and had a hard time getting back up since my foot was a little groggy in wanting to become functional again. I mumbled some "sorries" and "my foot was asleep" in my own laughter of "I can't believe that just happened" and walked out the door to the bathroom.

After the meeting, my pseudo boss comes up and asks if I had fallen asleep and just fell out of my chair? HA! That would have been mortifying! He had only heard my mumble of "asleep" and had thought the whole time I had fallen asleep. Thankfully, it wasn't that bad. That would have led to a much different first impression for the "yet to get to know" crowd.

The reason I think this is so funny is because it is not a common occurance for me to fall down. Although, I could have gone without the episode, I'm sort of glad it happened because it makes me laugh so much even now. Things like this make you realize that you have to let go and not care what people's first impressions might be.

2 comments:

lkrodriguez said...

smooth move! lucky you, a pretty girl with a sparkling personality wins over all hearts, in spite of it all. thanks for sharing your bloopers :)

Kat said...

haha that must have been awesome...

my whole leg fell asleep once...and I ran into a tree when I got up :)