With the number of hours I've had free recently, I've realized that I have a couple of quirky ones. I'll share two.

One: Decorating (or at least thinking about it)
I'm not sure if you have checked out my links on the left recently, but I've added a new one. Design Sponge. I have no idea how I can across this wonderful blog, but I'm so glad I did. Ever since I came home, I've been obsessed with interior decorating. Not necessarily doing any myself, but watching shows (Design Star is now my favorite show), looking at websites, subscribing to decorating magazines, dreaming of what my "perfect bedroom" might look like. Design Sponge is definitely my favorite site to learn about cool, out of the box ideas on how to decorate. Basically, the author finds all of these smaller online artists/companies that she likes and shares them with the world. She usually has awesome taste, and it's always fun to go to the links she suggests and see what else they have. It is fun to get ideas and try to figure out how you could recreate the rooms they have through using stuff in more my level stores.

Two: Formals
Many might have known this about me for awhile. I knew this, but have again come to see my obsession. I admit it. I have a thing for formal dresses. Before age 18, I had 5. Now at the age of 24, I have at least 12. Two were for proms. Two for college formals. Three for being a bridesmaid. That leaves 5 that I bought just because I like them. Now mind you, I never pay full price for any of these. You better believe that if I find significantly reduced formal dresses that I like, I will try it on in a heart beat. If they are about $30 or less, and look good, into my wardrobe collection they go.
You might be wondering, but where do you wear these? That is a mighty good question. In college, I got to wear them a lot because of our winter formals with Campus Crusade. I also got to be the local boutique and share with others every year. I haven't had a chance to wear a formal in about two years, though. There are two lonely dresses waiting for an occasion. I'll have to come up with some sort of excuse to make my friends dress up with me.
2 comments:
just convince a team member to get married :) haha I bought my dress for Sarah Love's wedding a year ago for 30 dollars!
oh, and btw....I LOVE that dress in the picture :)
Post a Comment