Pages

Friday, April 20, 2007

It's been awhile

It has been awhile since the last time I posted what has been going on here in Florence. March was full of wonderful people visiting. A group came from SMU (Southern Methodist University) to help us with ministry for the week, and the same day they left, a group from Oklahoma came to help us. Two intensive weeks of language learning followed, and then...awwwww....a glorious week of much needed vacation.

My parents came over for the week and together we conquered Northern Italy. Along with Sarah for the first half, we became pros at two lakes, an ocean if you will and the not to be forgotten Ferrari museum filled with so many beautiful cars that kind of overwhelm me when you think of the net worth of the content of that one building.

I'll end the blog with some fun pics, but I wanted to update you all on what's happening a little in my life first. I think most know this by now, but I've decided that when I return to the states in July, I am going to join staff with Campus Crusade's US campus staff. This past semester has been one of much prayer with desperate need of guidance as the Lord completely turned the direction of my heart for the future as originally I thought I was going to come back to the Italy long term. During the time I was at home and over the past semester though, I have felt that the Lord wants me to go home at least for the next phase of my life (however long that might be.) I am really excited about this decision and expectant that the Lord has amazing things in store. Thanks so much for all of your prayers during this decision time. They were heard, and I am excited to continue sharing with you what the Lord will do next.

Ok, now on to the fun pics...

This is the fun SMU group


This is the fun Oklahoma group


Sarah and I on our vacation


My parents and I at Lake Maggiore


And the oh so fun Ferrari's

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you updated us katie! Sounds like a really fun break. I can't wait to hear where you'll be serving in the states. Love.