Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Have a prayer request?

Ok, so when I thought of writing this blog my intention was to share about our little outreach on campus today. I am going to still do that, but now I just thought of something even more fun.

First, sharing...
"Do you have a prayer request? We want to pray for you."
These two simple statements that seem norm in a Christian culture and within the majority of my American friends, create some super fun reactions when you sit at a table all day at a campus in Italy.

My favorites include something like this...


I call it the "What the heck is this?"


This is the uncomfortable confusion that bordered on scarred.


And then my favorite...The Christians we knew on campus smiled at us while even some filled out a prayer request.

So although we only got 3 real prayer requests (one as a hit to us requested we pray for the death of their enemies) in 3 hours. The Lord was at work, and many were faced with the reality that the Lord wants to listen and cares for what is going on in their lives.

OK!!!! Now for my fun part. What can I pray for you for? I want to hear. Please let me know. Either comment on this blog, or for a more private way, email me at katie.bearden@gmail.com. Thanks!!!

No comments: