
Stint has taught me a lot.
When I showed up to Italy a year and a half ago, I had no idea what all the Lord wanted me to learn in such a short period of time.
Lesson Number 1: Just because you just graduated from college doesn't mean you...
a. Really know all that much
b. Have to have the rest of your life figured out
c. Have to even really know yourself all that well - embrace the realization that the Lord uses your whole life to grow and teach you (not just from when you are 18-22 years old.)
Now to some this might seem like an obvious lesson. I'm now ok with being a little slow on this one.
I wasn't always ok with how far behind I felt when comparing myself to other people on my team. I often felt less spiritual, like I had to hurry up and figure out all of the things the Lord had been teaching them in the extra years they had because they were older than me.
How tiring and fake! I can tell you, if you try to hurry up and learn lessons that the Lord really isn't trying to show you at that moment, you will get really frustrated and probably feel worse than you started.
Freedom. That is what happens when you stop. Breathe. And just be where the Lord wants you to be. He is always teaching us things. He will always be teaching us things. I might mature in one area, then come to realize "Stink!" I need to go back to the Lord for help in that area again. It is called the refining process. It is the freedom we have as Christians to continually go to the Lord in our mistakes, offer them up to him and humbly allow him to refine us. Now, that sounds a lot better.
So, stint. I came in thinking I knew a lot only to find out how little I really do know.
3 comments:
Katie, that is so true and so honest. Thanks for sharing with us! We could all take a lesson in the wisdom the Lord has given you. :) I'm grateful to be learning with you and from you during our STINT lives together. -Regina
wow - that's my motto of the moment ;) what's that saying...it's the journey not the destination? chin up kid, we're all right there with you - discovering ourselves daily and growing humbly in that knowledge, or lack thereof! love you. lkr
perfect.
every word is exactly how i feel too.
Post a Comment