Take your normal theater outing to see the latest chic flick.
In America, you would get in your car...drive to the theater about 30 minutes before the show...buy your ticket...buy some popcorn and a coke...watch the movie...and then drive home. Maybe 3 hours. Simple.
In Italy, it is slightly different and slightly longer. About 5 hours longer.
(Well at least for those of us who have no car...then yes, it is a little more like America.)
8:20 pm - Sarah and I get on a bus to take us to the theater that is 40 minutes out of Florence. We are really excited!
9:00 - We get there! We wander around the mall across the street for awhile and then we go and walk over to the theater where are friends, Matteo and Simone are kindly waiting with our free tickets
9:30 - Our movie starts in about an hour, so we get a little dinner in the full functioning restaurant inside the theater.
10:20 - The movie finally starts! 2 hours of Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant speaking in Italian. Very talented people, I must say.

12:30-3:30 - We hang out with Matteo, Simone, Valentina and friends until their shift ends and then they drive us home...stopping at your local discotech to get our groove on a little.
Total hours of a night at the movies - 7 really fun, I realized I'm getting too old to do this all that often hours
For more Italy adventures check out my roommate, Sarah's site.
2 comments:
Should have been in Rome. Could have been in Paris. Would have been at the movies. Count me in next time! I'm so glad you guys had fun and took all day Sunday to recover. :) -Regina
ahhh the adventures of a missionary ;) glad you had a good time. thanks for calling...it was fun to catch up.
Post a Comment