Pages

Friday, January 19, 2007

Working in Aggieland!

Here is the update folks...



We still have no Visa. We did not receive the religious Visa, but we are trying to get a student Visa. You can ask me what all that entails, but I promise you that no matter what questions you ask, I will only provide the grand knowledge of "I know that we had to turn in some more papers for it, but someone else was in charge of it." The answer to any other question will be "I don't know." Don't even try asking anything because I am 99.9% that the answer will be "I don't know."

With that said, due to it now being mid January we got temporary placements to work at while we wait. My team is split up between Baton Rouge, Austin and College Station. I am back at dear old Aggieland. This was very convenient since I live in College Station anyway, so I did not have to move. I reported this morning at an office about 5 minutes down the street from me. Also convenient, all of the staff are my good friends. It will be an interesting experience being on the staff side of the same ministry that I was such a great part of when a student. I am very excited.

Fears...I do have those. The lingering, "We never know when we are leaving the states" fear...now that I am excited to get back in a ministry...the "how emotionally connected should I get when I could up and leave anytime I get my visa" fear...and the much to my surprise "what if I want to stay here" fear. They are all there, but thankfully, my excitement to be doing something again and being able to help people is once again a reality.

So what is coming up in the A&M ministry? Oh my goodness a ton! (This is also a plus that I get to work with a nice thriving ministry that is not in the pioneering stage. It is encouraging every once in awhile.) So we have Small Groups Leaders Training, TNT (some sort of leadership weekly training), Weekly Meetings, Bible Studies, Nu2Cru (my favorite retreat of the year), one-on-one appointments, organizing and getting the New Orleans Spring Break Relief trip together, Valentine's Day outreaches...the list is endless. It is quite exciting to have all of these things preplanned and just get to be a part of them happening instead of having to create them out of thin air yourself. I love the ministry in Italy. I miss my Italian friends dearly, but, Yes, this little time at A&M is going to be a breath of fresh air. Thank you Lord for providing it!

No comments: