Pages

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Seeing the Lord's Hand




For the past seven days, I have been able to spend time surrounded by 650 college students from Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas as I worked/attended Crusade's annual Winter Conference in Dallas.

I have to admit that I was not excited at first when I was driving up to Dallas. I was overwhelmed with the thought of tons of people asking "Why are you in America? What is the situation with your Visa?" I have been out of American Campus Ministry for about a year and a half now, so I would not know as many students from Texas A&M as I used to.

After a month of being home, though, I was excited to be able to see my team. I was excited to see people that understood the back and forth emotions that come along with being in a state of limbo having no idea when you might be able to step back onto a plane and return to the life and country you thought that the Lord had called you to for the year.

While at the conference, the questions did flood in. Many of my friends could have quoted me verbatim after hearing the same answer over and over again..."We don't know. We are still waiting on hearing from the consulate. We have plane tickets for next week, but no visa to be able to go on it. We are just waiting."

The Lord used this past week to help me learn once again that I have got to hold onto to Him and trust in Him. I am frustrated that we are not in Italy. I am anxious at times in this weird limbo state...BUT the Lord has a much greater plan that will display His glory so much brighter and stronger. At times I am very confused and upset with why the Lord chose this plan for our team, BUT He knows what He is doing. Maybe this learning is why the Lord brought me back.

It was special to see some of the ways the Lord was able to use my team and I at the conference to open students eyes to the need His people have to know Him all over the world. We were able to share over and over again with students about the reality of the dead spiritual atmosphere of Western Europe. We were able to answer questions and encourage students to pray. I was able to meet many students interested in Italy and was encouraged to hear them talk about how they would like to some day join us overseas. Maybe this is why the Lord brought us back.

One of the nights at the conference was devoted to World Missions. During this time, students were able to go to different parts of the room representing some of the partnerships around the world that our region sends people to. One of these is Italy. I was able to watch hundreds of students stop at the Italy station and fervently pray for the people of that nation. It was amazing to see students care and use what I believe is one of our most powerful weapons...the power of prayer.

I do not know what is going to happen with the Visas. Many phone calls are being made tomorrow, which I hope will lead to some answers. As I continue to wait, though, I am grateful that the Lord is in control. I am grateful that He allowed me to be a part of the conference this past week. To meet people who truly care about the nations and sharing His love with people all over the world. I am grateful that despite what seems like a back and forth time of emotions that the Lord knows what He is doing.

Please continue to pray.

3 comments:

Laura said...

We're praying Katie. Let us know when you hear anything!

Kat said...

I'm glad you had fun, sad that you're not here....Italy's not the same without ya'll! :(

Tracy said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I'm sorry to hear about your visa situation, and I'll look forward to hearing an update. My fiance is on staff with CCC and I was just with him at the San Diego conference. I think he has done a couple of summer projects in Florence and loved it! I know some the CCC staff in Granada, too! It's a small world after all!