Pages

Friday, December 15, 2006

Visas



This is a rough example of what I would like for all of your who read this to pray for. An Italian Visa to return to Italy on January 10th. Of course, pray mine would have my name and picture and personal info on it. I would like you to pray that my team and I would get one, and that we would hear about if we got one or not quickly. At the moment, we are all just waiting. Waiting to hear back from the consulate. Waiting to see if we will get back on the plane to Italy on January 10th. Waiting on the Lord to see what He has in store for our immediate future.

So what are some possible scenarios for my life?
A. I get my Visa and go back to Italy on January 10th returning in July after my Stint year. I have decided that I would like to go back long-term to Italy, so after I return in July, I would then go through New Staff Training with Crusade, raise my support to return, and then hopefully return to Italy until the Lord brings me somewhere else.

B. I do not get my Visa which would lead to two possible scenarios.


1. I have already been accepted as Campus Staff with Crusade, so I would go to New Staff Training in Florida from January 3, 2007 to February 5, 2007. I would then move back to College Station in order to raise my prayer and financial support to hopefully return to Italy long-term.

2. Although, already accepted as Campus Staff, I would still complete my Stint year as planned. My team and I would be legal to return to Italy again from March to June. From now until March, I would work with my team in possibly building up our school partnerships by visiting the schools and meeting students, possibly do a special project overseas in a different country, work in a regional or national office until we can return, or anything else that leadership in Crusade comes up with.

So those are what I see as the three possible scenarios. The difficult thing at the moment, is that I might have to choose one without knowing the outcome of if we get our Visa or not. For this reason, please pray we hear back from the Consulate soon, while praying for wisdom on my part on which path to follow.

Thanks Friends! More updates to come!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Hey! I'm friends with the Rome Stint Team and the Katherine's on the Salerno Stint Team. I heard about you guys in Florence and I stumbled upon your blog from the other's blogs. Just wanted to let you know that I'm keeping your team and your visa issues in my prayers!