Pages

Monday, September 23, 2019

Today I will Make it to the Gym: One Year Later

Last year I never made it to the gym. Instead just hours before I was supposed to head out the door, I got a phone call. THE CALL. The call that changed our lives forever. "You have been matched. You are now parents. And she's 2 weeks old. And she's in Kentucky. Can you start making your way today?" Our world joyfully turned upside down and our biggest adventure began. Our incredibly sweet, happy, silly, sometimes feisty, Rosie entered our lives. 

We became parents! It still baffles me that I get the gift of having the label "mama." And that when Jason comes home from work he has a little girl, filled with glee quickly toddling toward him wanting to be picked up for a hug or that immediately turns around laughing wanting him to chase her. That our dog now gets less attention from us, but gained all of the attention of a little girl that adores him, continually wanting to play with him and share all of her food with him. That through this little girl, my parents became grandparents for the first time and Jason's gained their third grandchild.

Here I am again, a year later, sitting in workout clothes. Today, though, I am pretty confidant I will actually get to the gym. I'll put on my tennis shoes, grab my water bottle and towel AND make sure we have the diapers, wipes, snacks, water, extra clothes, pack up the car and make sure my now ONE year old is actually in the car too!

No comments: