Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Worth the Wait: Introducing Elizabeth Anne Rose Aist...aka Rosie

We will be able to show all of her after the adoption
is finalized in February, but for now know that is
the cutest face ever under that heart!

It began with a phone call around 11:30 am on a Tuesday morning. My paint brush was mid stroke when I realized there was an incoming call from Waco, Texas...where our adoption agency is located...upon answering, our agency director immediately asked if I could call in Jason so he could be in the conversation too...the tone of her voice was a giveaway...we had only been in the waiting process for three weeks, but we were already matched...a birth mother chose us!...and the baby girl was already born ...and she lived in Kentucky...and when could we start driving?

That was three weeks ago today.

We dropped everything, called friends and family with the life changing, incredible news, asked for help to quickly go get essential baby things we needed, to help us pack, to help us rejoice, to help us stay focused while Jason and I tried to take everything in and get ready to start driving across the states all at once. Driving toward our daughter!

On August 8th of 2017, my oncologist had to tell me my initial treatments were not working and that I would have to have the hysterectomy to get rid of my cancer. I would not be able to have biological children.

One year later, on August 8th, 2018 in Kentucky our daughter Rosie was born.

We were given our Rosie on Wednesday, August 22.

Just shy of the one year mark since my surgery, the Lord made us parents.

Awe.

This is the how I would describe how I am doing. Awe of the Lord's incredible plan. Awe of His provision. Awe of the perfect little girl He knew would be our daughter from the beginning of time. Awe of His goodness. His control. His detailed presence in our lives.

It will take me a long, long time to truly process and capture the emotions, thoughts and details of the past three weeks. It was a whirlwind to become parents so quickly, yet it feels normal and right.

Dear Cake Pop,
We are so, so thankful you are here. We love you more than you will ever know.
Mommy & Daddy




Feel free to visit my Instagram, Aistfamilylife, where I kept up a more moment by moment photo journal of the past three weeks.

1 comment:

Sarah Burke said...

I cry every time I hear details of your story. Awe is spot on. God is so good and its a privilege to see Him work in your pain to bring about beauty.