...I wrote my last blog post. You might have thought this blog would never see the light of day again. Well friends, you see, about two years ago, I met a guy. Scroll down to the last post on April 8, 2013. See that top picture? The guy in the blue shirt with the goatee standing next to me? Well turns out I'd marry him about a year and 7 months after that picture. It kind of distracted me for the past two years.
You can read all of the juicy details including what happened after that trip to Ethiopia to when we said "I DO!" on this snazzy other website.
Then if you really want, you can watch my favorite wedding recap video EVER (it's ours) for a little more insight into the past two years.
Now, though, the reason as to why I'm deciding to launch back into this blog world. A couple of reasons really.
-A third of the people on my staff team all write blogs, and who doesn't want to feel left out?
-My mind is not as much in LaLa land now that I'm out of the "rainbows and unicorns" world of dating and engagement.
-We've been married for 5 months now, so life feels a little more routine, and I have brain capacity to do a little more than just figure out this "how to be a wife thing."
-Jason and I have Foreign Food Friday, which I think is pretty cool, and is what the majority of this blog will be about. That's the real reason.
Jason and I both have a love of the world. We did meet in Ethiopia. So although we can't move back overseas, YET, we try to still figure out ways to feel connected to the whole globe in our little corner of Northwest Arkansas. Due to that love of the world, and how our taste buds will eat most anything, while we were dating we started our beloved "Foreign Food Friday." It began with lots of adventures to restaurants specializing in Indian, Thai, Mexican, Korean, Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese food. Now that we are married we are trying a new tactic. Create the meals from our own kitchen. We can't claim that they all are actually found at ease in the countries they are from or that our versions taste like they are supposed to, BUT it's a really fun Friday night trying out new recipes and learning about cultures all over the world.
So, drum roll please...WELCOME TO FOREIGN FOOD FRIDAY!
Each week I'll post a little about the country whose meal we cooked, ways you can pray for it, the recipe for what we did, and maybe some pictures of our own creation if it looks decent. For a little suspense, I'll wait a little before my first food post, but I'm excited. I know you are excited. We are all excited.
Stay tuned for: Qabuli Pulao from Afghanistan.
1 comment:
So Tim texted us the link to his blog today, and now I am down memory lane with all of our blogs....and I wanted to comment on yours! Praying for you!
Post a Comment