Well it's official. I'm actually 30 now. It dawned on me as I was falling asleep the night before my birthday that I might have spent so much time talking about the 30 by 30, that I'm not sure I said I was 29 all that often. I had a teeny, tiny moment of anxiety realizing I only had about 6 minutes to tell anyone I was 29, but then realized, "Welp! Too late now!"
My 30th was a crazy, fun filled day as Tuesdays are my busiest days with Cru that go from about 9am-10pm. It was the best way to celebrate a pivotal birthday, though, as it was so fun being surrounded by my students and staff all day. Plus, so many of them have heard so much about 30 by 30, (maybe even if they didn't want to), that it was fun to finish it all off together.
So I didn't quite complete all 30. I made it to about 28 and 1/2, BUT considering I'm usually a hard core, "Must check things off" person, I think it's kind of freeing that I'm 100% OK that I didn't finish everything. I mean, I finished 28 1/2!!! It was such a fun year of world wide adventures!!!!
The last one I finished on my birthday was "4. Go sledding." It was SO FUN to be a 30 year old sledding down a cold, grassy hill on my sled for about 5 minutes in the middle of a day. Thankfully, one of my sweet coworkers came with me, so I didn't look like a CRAZY 30 year old sledding down a cold, grassy hill by myself. Well maybe a little! ;-)
So 30 by 30, thanks for making my 29th year fantastic, and for helping me transition into a new decade of life incredibly excited to see what the Lord has in store!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment