It's crazy how even if you haven't lived near your family in 5 years, when you make a big move, the first people you miss is family. It isn't like they were near you before, but for some reason, transition to me will always make me miss my family first.
So I made it 2 1/2 months in Arkansas, but since this weekend was UofA's Fall Break, I quickly decided to head back to Texas! Considering my parents live across the Atlantic ocean and are multiple time zones away, my brother and I got some quality brother/sister time just the two of us! The 18 hours worth of driving was totally worth it!
It was incredibly restful, but we still managed to watch the Texas A&M/Baylor game, grill fajitas (well Cody did. I just ate them.), talk to the parentals on Skype (during which both parents had more fun making funny faces in the camera than actually talking), go to the Conroe Cajun Catfish Festival, watch 2 really weird movies (The Joneses and A Wrinkle in Time), go to church, go on a 5 mile walk while finding 3 geocaches, see a live armadillo, get breakfast, eat Chinese, Greek and Pizza and watch more random tv. All of that in a little more than 48 hours. Add in plenty of sleep and a couple of naps, and it was a golden weekend!
I mean, I always remember this, but I was reminded once again how cool my brother is. Ladies, he's a keeper, so send me your applications now!


1 comment:
Sounds like a fun weekend!
Post a Comment