Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Steps Toward Transition

 
You might notice the big “Arkansas” picture at the bottom of this page.  It’s not there by accident but because a BIG transition is coming up in less than 2 months.  In January, I said “Yes,” to becoming the Women’s Director for the Campus Crusade movement at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, AR, and at the beginning of May I will move there to begin my new role.

This transition is what my friend would call a “happy/sad” time.  It is happy in the sense that I’m very excited to be a part of what the Lord is doing at the University of Arkansas.  When I first learned about the ministry, I was moved by how at the moment they have a group of 60 or more leader women saying “I want to reach my campus for Christ!” but they have not had women full time staff on campus for the past 2 ½ years!!!  These students have a heart and vision for reaching their peers for Christ, but need training.  They need guidance.  They need to be poured into!  What an exciting reality to step into and be a part of leading!

It is also a sad time as I have grown to love and cherish Texas Tech over the past 3 1/2 years I’ve been here.  I have an incredible staff team that are more than coworkers, but my dear friends.   The students I get to work with are way more of a blessing to me than they will ever be able to comprehend as I’ve watched many of them go from being freshmen to now juniors and seniors  walking deeply with the Lord and trusting Him as they continually grow and take huge steps of faith.   

My boss always says “Work towards a hard good-bye.”  While I’m so excited for this new transition, I’m so  grateful that the Lord brought me to Texas Tech  for the time he had me and it truly will be a “hard good-bye.”  

No comments: