Today I had the honor of going to my dear friend, Palma's wedding in her hometown of Pistoia, Italy! Due to a kind, kind birthday gift, I was able to fly in on Friday morning, spend Saturday wandering around my Italian "home" of Florence, see some friends, and then today watch Palma and Lorenzo get married!!!
My friend Michelle and I met Palma in November of 2005 when we had first arrived in Italy, knowing no one, very little Italian and mostly had no idea what we were doing. We met her by asking her where the bathroom was! Well a year later, Palma believed in Jesus and 5 1/2 years later, the 3 of us were able to reunite and celebrate her marriage! How incredibly special to me!!!!
I took a TON of pics from the wedding and will share more about what an Italian wedding was like in another post (think LOTS of awesome food and hours of conversation!) For now, though, here's a picture of Michelle, Palma and I today at her wedding!
No comments:
Post a Comment