With helping roommates find things for their rooms, it lets me glance around at other things... like wall art. We have this one wall in our living room that needs something. I'm thinking a bright painted canvas of some sort. Well when we were roaming around today I saw this print by Kim Parker called "Garden of Love." As I looked at it, I wondered if I could come up with something similar myself. Granted I haven't taken art since the 7th grade, but I used to love it. I'm pretty crafty and find refreshment through creating things.
So this evening I gave it a trial run. The only art supplies I have on hand are a Crayola 12 pack of colored pencils and printer paper, but who needs fancy supplies anyway. Here is what I came up with. I'm pretty proud of myself and of my 7th grade art skills coming back to me.
Original "Garden of Love" by Kim Parker
"Garden of Love Replica" by Yours Truly
I'm pretty excited about Trial Run #1. Considering I don't remember ever painting on canvas, it'll be interesting what I can come up with when I try the real thing on a bigger scale, but I'm pretty excited to see what will happen. You know what is so special about this little picture, though, is how refreshing it was to spend 2 hours listening to the Michael Buble Pandora station being quiet and creating it. I just got to sit there, pray and enjoy something the Lord made me love to do. Glorious.


1 comment:
SO impressed by that drawing...seriously! I couldn't do something like that. Paint that baby soon!
Post a Comment