So far Red Square, the gardens that are near it, and the gardens that line the river are my favorite places in Moscow. I remember the sense of awe and silence that I felt when visiting Washington DC for the first time, and felt the same when visiting Red Square realizing that the monuments of that area represent the same things to us that those in Washington DC symbolize.
Our team is a joy for me as I realized as the leader I get to not only experience excitement in telling Russian students about Christ, but I also get to watch like a proud parent our 27 students take steps of faith in being bold for the gospel. I get to watch first hand the Lord visibly working in each of their lives. So even if we go on campus one day and absolutely no one wants to talk to us, I still think I will experience joy watching our American students take steps of faith.
There will be more fun updates to come that might include trying to explain all of the crazy food I've eaten, how I try to tell people I don't speak Russian, but they keep going anyway and some of the amazing stories of what the Lord is doing in and through our students, but for now, thanks so much for praying for our team!
1 comment:
glad you're having fun in Russia katie! praying for you!
Post a Comment