Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's been forever!

I can't believe it's been so long since I've written on this blog. Almost a month! Can I pretend that I did that just to prepare you all (meaning the 10 of you that read this) for the 6 weeks I'll be gone this summer with little blog communication? Let's go with that excuse, shall we? The other week I really did think of a couple of fun topics or funny things that had happened to me that I thought to myself "I should write that as a blog post." Well the busyness that epitomizes this year for me continued and alas, I've forgotten what those were. If I had to guess on the topics, though, they might have had to do with the concepts of biblical rest, different biblical roles of men and women, this semester of learning more about myself and the Lord than I ever have in my whole life, and Moscow which is in 27 days (I mean what am I going to do when that trip is over and my brain can't continually think about it all the time anymore?)

I'll give little snippets of those topics for you.

Biblical Rest
Rest in the Lord. Do it. It takes more faith to stop working and trust the Lord He will take care of details than you working way past your 40 hours a week. Read the book Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership: Seeking God in the Crucible of Your Ministry. It has changed my life. It will change yours. Even if you aren't in full time ministry, I highly suggest it.

Different Biblical Roles of Men and Women
I gave my very first 30 minute talk at our big weekly meeting a couple of months ago on the woman side of this topic. A couple of things... 1.I LOVE giving talks in front of big groups (meaning there were about 150 people there.) 2. I didn't know really anything about what to say on the "Biblical Definition of Womanhood," but through the research process, getting insight from others and going to the Lord through prayer and scripture, I began what I think will now be a life long quest of continued understanding on this. Basically, if you really want to know what I said, I can send my talk to you, but I am just so grateful for how the Lord specifically made men and women equal but with different roles to play.

Learning more about myself and the Lord
I mean, this would take me the whole semester to really explain, and I wouldn't be able to do it coherently at this point, but just know it's been a GREAT semester of growing closer to the Lord and discovering more and more of how my brain actually functions in comparison to others. It is so intriguing how different we all really are.

Moscow
Like I said, it's 27 days away! I'm SO excited. The Lord is going to do great things!!!!!

As a catch up of my day to day life, a highlight lately for sure has been the conversations I've had with some of the girls I work with, where I can so visibly see the Lord changing their hearts to be aligned with His. I've thought to myself over and over again, after getting to share Christ's love with someone for the first time, after getting to help a girl memorize her first verse ever, after watching girls that have walked with the Lord for a long time continue to seek Him and grow, "Why do I have the privilege of doing this job? I hope I get to do this forever!"

I've also had tons of time getting to be silly, which comes quite easily to me. As an example, enjoy this little song my Bible Study girls and I made up to memorize Psalm 27:4.

No comments: