Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snowy, snowy day!

So I missed all of the snow over Christmas here in Lubbock, so in order to not let me feel left out, the weather decided to give a repeat today. Here are some things I realized through this snowy day...

1. If you don't really have snow often, you don't really know how to prepare for it or what to do with it. I'm sure our weather today is quite normal for a lot of people, but when you don't have chains for your cars, salt for the roads or whatever else you would need for safety, it could be quite dangerous.
2. Snow is cold and wet and not as fun when mixed with ice and rain.
3. Sometimes wintry storms = power outages in apartment complexes which leave you in darkness and coldness
4. It's a good thing I bought an ice scrapper last year.
5. It's fun to watch your dog frolic in the snow.
6. Even more fun is to make her wake up from her nap just so you can take pictures of her in the massive amounts of Texas snow.
All things were canceled so I've just been trying to get some administrative stuff done and finally my laundry! I thought I'd clean too, but that seems a little pointless as to how wet and messy walking in with snowy boots makes things. We'll see, though. Well enjoy some pictues from the day.
The view outside my window
Sugar wondering why I'm making her go outsideSugar walking herself back to the warm apartmentMy little snowed over flowerbed

No comments: