Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

"L"aundry Day

The past two days have been drastically different than each other.

Yesterday...feeling not so hot.
Wake up at 12:30pm
Eat Lunch
Go back to sleep at 1:30
Wake up again at 5:30pm
Eat Dinner/Talk to two friends/Read Some
Go back to sleep at 10:30pm
Total Time awake - 6 hours

Today...feeling fine
Wake up at 7:30am
Work on my personal Bible Study
Church
Grocery Shopping
Laundry - with a trip to McDonalds for a coke just to get some quarters
Lunch
Updating some work stuff
Total Time awake when it's still only 2:30pm - 7 hours

Usually I don't love dreary days unless I don't have to go anywhere, which thankfully was this weekend. Yesterday it was perfect for sleeping all day, and today for getting tons of "to-do" items checked off my list as I try to get the piles of papers off of my desk.

One to-do, I'm grateful to be finished with, and so quickly, is my laundry. I usually wait about 2-3 weeks until I do it since I don't have a washer/dryer in my apartment. Last time I went to a laundromat, which I'm sure has better washer and dryers than my apartment complex, but it took SO much longer. I'm grateful for the little laundry room around the corner from my door as it was cheaper and felt faster. I'm not sure it actually was, but since I was able to go back to my apartment and get other things done, it felt warp speed in comparison.

Random little tradition that has begun, is to drink a sprite on laundry day. I never drink sprite. Last time I got it because the friend I was with got one. Today I tried getting a Diet Coke from McDonalds really just because I needed quarters, and it wasn't until after I drove off I looked down and saw clear carbonated fizziness instead. So Laundry Day Sprite Tradition it will be!

No comments: