Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

"D"ancing Queen

You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen (or 26)
Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine
You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen

You might remember a couple months back when I was trying to go to a Zumba class at the Tech rec center, but the line was so long I couldn't get in. Well today was a different day and 45 minutes of Zumba dancing fun was a success! Although, I realized pretty fast that I am not "pretty fly for a white guy." Give me a ballet routine and we're great. Long graceful movements. Pointed toes. Elongated arms. Got it. Hip hop. Moving the hips in salsa fashion. Swirly arms bollywood style. HA! It was fun, though, so I'm going back. Maybe after a couple of more weeks, this swan lake ballerina will become a salsa/hip hop/jamacian dancing queen. I'll let you know.

No comments: