Having a slower week has allowed me to remember and participate in things I really enjoy lately. It's been so nice! None of these will be shockers, but here's a list of my recent loves.1. Sunshine - working outside in it (whether that be actually in a garden, although I can't remember the last time I did that since I don't have a garden, or working on ministry stuff while sitting outside.) I really just love the sun. It changes my whole demeanor. My darkening and multiplying freckles don't think it's that bad either.
2. Watching TV shows with friends - American Idol, The Office, Grey's Anatomy (I'm going to miss my show watching friends next season since they are all moving.) One might call me a nerd, but I'm SO excited about the results of American Idol tonight. I LOVE Kris Allen, and my 3 hours of voting last night kind of prove that.
3. Coffee in the mornings - It was so fun being slightly confused this morning at a weird sound in my apartment, and then so glorious when I remembered I had set the timer for my coffee maker to go off all by itself.
4. Walks - I might live in an apartment, but thankfully there is a neighborhood within 4 minutes of walking, so I love that I've found a new 30 minute or more walking route including a park, pond and cute houses. My doggie enjoys it too now that she doesn't have a back yard to play in.
5. Exploring new areas - One of my favorite things about my new apartment is that I live in a completely new part of town, so I get to enjoy finding new stores, restaurants, coffee shops, etc. It's like I moved to a new city, but with already having a core group of friends!
So there is a small list of why this week has been so nice. As I was sitting outside on the patio of a Starbucks I've never been to before, reading my Bible and thinking through some work things, I realized life couldn't be more content right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment