Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

Home for the Holidays

It has been a wonderful week with my family for the Thanksgiving holidays. It has consisted of animated movies, tons of Thanksgiving food, multiple watchings of football games (my poor Aggies), and a great walk with my brother this afternoon.

The walk reminded me that the Dallas White Rock Half Marathon is coming so soon! I must admit that I took about a 2 week break from training because I lost some motivation. My weeks got busy, walking got prioritized out, and thus affected my desire to try to fit it in. I went for a long walk with my brother today, though, and it was so nice to remember how much I really do love walking.

I have some prayer requests. Pray that someone will want to walk the half with me. The actual half is sold out, but I've heard anyone can do it as long as they don't finish the last part. Or pray that I would have the confidence to do it alone. I'm not sure if I've portrayed how big of a deal it is for me to be doing this as I'm NOT AT ALL an exercise guru. With that it makes me nervous to be doing it alone. I'm 100% sure that I can do it, but it would be so much more fun to be doing it with someone else. Picture stepping foot alone into a foreign country not knowing the language or culture and being forced to have to immediately interact with the people. That is how I feel beginning this adventure as I really don't know anything about the world of marathons. I mean, I've never even done a 5K. So just pray. Pray that the Lord would get the glory at the same time. I always forget that physical exercise is just as much the Lord's as every other aspect of my life.

Basically, after this half marathon...I will be SO happy to be home again for the holidays!

No comments: