I was standing in church yesterday during worship when I crossed my arms, and suddenly I realized that my fingers weren't feeling the cotton of the side of my dress, but somehow my own skin. Well that isn't right, I thought to myself, considering that my dress should be there. To my slight horror, I realized that something was amiss with the zipper, so I quickly and quietly slipped out to the bathroom to remedy a potentially embarrassing moment.Thankfully, at this moment, my dress could be held together by my fingers while passing by the singing congregation, and all might think I was leaving to help with the little kids classes as all parents and children under the age of 6 were leaving the service at the same time.
I rushed into the near by women's room, and checked out what was happening with my attire. Yep, it was a broken zipper. My mind switched back and forth from "This can be solved" to "what in the heck am I going to do? Sit in the bathroom for the next hour?" I tried solving the solution first while taking deep breaths and praying, all the while watching the zipper break more and more to the point where holding the dress together with my fingers would not have been an option anymore since there was a now a 4-5 inch gap down the side of my dress. I had too much coffee that morning and not enough food, so as I shakily tugged the zipper clasp thing down farther to try and fix it, my biggest fear was that the clasp would come completely off. I kept thinking. How would I even be able to get my mom (who was visiting) to come find me in the bathroom, drive all of the way to my house, get me clothes (since walking around in a broken dress was completely out of the question) and come back all while I hide in a stall?
Praise the Lord, though, that what felt like the longest 5 minutes ever, while realizing the worship songs were over, I was able to pry the clasp down and successfully zip the dress back up. Victory was mine! Embarrassing moment #185 avoided.
No comments:
Post a Comment