Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2008

"D"angerously Addictive

Sweet Tea. I admit it. I'm an addict. I blame it on Crusade.

For 6 weeks during New Staff Training, we had the option of water or sweet tea. Not just any sweet tea. The sweetest, you could feel the sugar becoming one with your teeth, tea. I think back now, and I don't think I would even like that version.

Ever since then, though, it is all I can think about. I decided to give up sodas for awhile, and the second that decision was made, the thoughts of sweet tea took over. Who knew that so many restaurants served it?!? All of a sudden, I was able to figure out my favorite stops. Wendy's...not sweet (you have to add your own sugar.) McDonald's is too sweet and can only be taken one sip at a time. Rosa's and Sonic would be my #4 and #3 stops. Number 2 would technically be McAlisters, but it takes a little more effort to get their great unlimited refills of sweet delight. The ultimate winner, though, is Chicken Express which has by far, hands down the best sweat tea. Since they are usually close to gas stations it has become a fun tradition to fill up my tank, get a $1 giant cup of sweet tea, and then enjoy it while going through the car wash. It is a perfect 15 minutes of quiet, relaxing me time.

1 comment:

Shauna Lynn said...

oh my goodness... i've become the same way. i take lily and go to chicken express as an outing almost daily for that $1 giant sweet tea!