
That's right folks! I'm on the move, and this time it is for good. Come Saturday I will call Lubbock, Texas my new home.
The Lord has brought in the funds needed for me to report to Texas Tech University, so very soon this Aggie gal will enter into the world of Red Raiders.
This is a big move for me. I'm entering into my very first job or stage of life where I have no end date. All through school and even my past two years of my internship I always had a certain day that signified the end. This time I'm entering in, but have no idea how long the Lord will have me there.
Today was a whirlwind of talking to my boss in the regional office and my new boss at Texas Tech. The thought, "This is really happening" came into my head almost every other thought. I was informed that I'm now in charge of the weekly meetings with Crusade that happen every Thursday night. I'm so excited about getting to do this as this was a job I shared for a year and a half while in college.
I'm SO excited to be able to move down there this weekend. Not only will I be able to get a two week taste of what my new job is, but there will be Christmas parties!!! Now, I'm pretty sure only the girls who read this blog will appreciate this, but I'm SO excited about the semi-formal Christmas party on Saturday. I stalked this dress from Banana Republic last year for a long time on EBay hoping it would someday make it into my price range. That day came, and rejoicing occurred as from Italy I bid and won this dress. I even mailed it to my friend's parent's house, as he was going to be in the states right around the same time for a little bit, and I made him bring it back to Italy for me. (Thanks David!!!) I never had an occasion in Italy to wear it, but a semi-formal Christmas party is the PERFECT time. I just realized that this is the second time I've written about this dress on my blog. Let's just say I'm excited.
Not only do I get to dress up, which is one of my most favorite things, but I hear there will be dancing. This party just jumped another notch in my book! While I was in school, this Crusade party was one of my favorite times at A&M. I'm thrilled that Tech has one of their own.
So I'm about to put on my party dress and dancing shoes and make my way up to land where the colors are red and black and the phrase around town is "Get your guns up!"
4 comments:
yay! congrats!!
remember, you still bleed maroon - gig'em ;)
Katie I am so excited for you! It must be an amazing experience each time you move to a totally differnt part of the world and your life. It will be great for you...see you in a few weeks though when you return home for my wedding! I am excited ya'll can make it :) Love you
I definitely came over here to visit your blog knowing that you might have a very entertaining blog update on the occasion of your big move.....and I was right! very fun.....and I'm excited about the party! Our only request is that you have PICS!
yes!
the red dress has found an occasion.
go you.
Post a Comment