
September is almost over, and incredibly the weather here in Texas is starting to cool down a little to bring us into Fall. (That really means going from 90s to mid 80s) As the weather has been changing, so has my pace of life. I was blessed to have a nice time of rest after coming home from Italy, but life has once again gone into top speed.
I came home on Sunday after a great week and a half of training with Campus Crusade, where I am now officially on full-time staff. Yay! While there it was refreshing to be around 40 other people who had just come home from Stint that were now joining full time staff. It is interesting how although we were all over the world (literally), the Lord did common things within our hearts that was so fun to be able to share and relate to.

Also while there, I found out that I am being placed at Texas Tech University. I am SO excited about this placement. It seemed WAY out of the blue and not at all what I expected, but I have heard amazing things about the staff team there and what the Lord is doing in the ministry. I'll come back to this in a little bit...
This past Sunday, after the training, I got to meet Jack Watson for the first time. He is such a sweet little baby that looks exactly like his daddy. Baby Kate is learning what it means to have a little brother and loves on him well. Some of my favorite moments were to see her go up and kiss her little baby brother. It is hard for her to understand why all of a sudden all attention can't be on her, so as the godmother, I took full advantage of those times to have some Katie/Kate time.
...I said I would come back to Texas Tech, and here I am. After only 3 nights in my own bed, I'm off again. I feel so blessed to be able to join the Texas Tech team at their student Fall Retreat this weekend. I leave early tomorrow morning for a nice drive (with lots of music, sermons and maybe a book on tape to help the hours go by) to Lubbock where I will get to meet the team and students and get a vision of the campus I will be going to long-term. I'm so excited to meet everyone and see what the Lord will do in the hearts of the students, and even my own during this retreat.
When I come back on Sunday it is back to full-time raising of my prayer and financial support. I'm praying that I will be done by December 1st, so please join in me in trusting the Lord to do big things during this time and that his glory will be seen!
3 comments:
yay katie!
we are going to learn to love transition time in our lives. i am so excited to see how life unfolds for you in lubbock and on staff at tech.
get your guns up! and let me know how it goes.
Katie! Lovin' that you are going to be at Tech. The staff team there IS great! And, where in the world did you take that beautiful red, fall photo! That should be in a magazine or something!
Kim
Thanks Kim. I didn't actually take that picture. I borrow lots of my pictures from www.deviantart.com.
Post a Comment