
One of my blog friends has a reoccurring segment called "Thursday Thirteen." I'm not sure how it came about or what the actual rules are of what to do, but when picking pictures to represent my time home so far, I realized I had thirteen. So this is my "Thursday Thirteen." I've had a great time being home, seeing friends and family, so enjoy this small glimpse of my life in the states so far.
1 Yay for Babies! My dear friends, Jessica and Dave Daniel, had their sweet baby boy, Jordan Joseph Daniel. He is precious, and I'm so excited that I get to live in the same city, for at least 6 months, to watch him grow up.

2 When visiting Jamie for a couple of days we helped her aunt, Jana, paint her new apartment. It made me so excited to be able to paint a new apartment of my own some day.
3 When I drove up to visit my friend Cindy, this is what I saw...her dog with a pink ruffly shirt on.
4 Cindy and I walked a prospective freshman around the A&M campus, and we had to stop and take a pic at the spot where her and Justin used to meet up between classes. Plus she wanted to show off her ring.
5 Wedding Decisions. Sash, no sash, white sash, floraly sash...different things we tried, all while I was standing in Cindy's size 5 shoes with my size 9 feet. The shoes are AMAZING though! Definitely my favorite part of the bridesmaid outfit.
6 For the past 6 years, my friends Melanie, Laura, Caroline and I have been meeting up about twice a year for a high school girl’s reunion dinner. After high school we went separate ways for college. Now one is married with almost two children (one is hanging out in her belly until August), one has a new fantastic job in Houston, one is making her way in NYC, and I go in and out of the country. What a blessing that we can still all unite every year. It is one of my favorite times of the year. I think we should plan a vacation together next...Beach anyone?

7 Baby Kate is so quickly growing up! I left her 5 months ago, and now she can walk and talk and knows what you are telling her and can make her own decision of whether or not she wants to listen to you. She can make a tiger "rawr" noise. A panting noise that represents her dog, and my favorite a super cute fish face. I love this baby to pieces, so she gets number 7 and 8 spots.
8 My sweet goddaughter Kate
9 Kate's mamma is pregnant with her baby brother Jack. I'm so excited I got to see Laura pregnant because I was out of the country when she was pregnant with Kate. This was outside of Cheesecake Factory when Laura's parents and aunt and uncle let us join them. Mmmm...
10 Laura's Dad (second from left) really wanted a picture too!
11 So this picture of towels represents the not so fun part of my time at home. Let's see what all has broken since I've been home...garbage disposal, refrigerator, dryer, and due to the leakage of the fridge, water came up into my bedroom. Let's just say that my brother jokingly said a couple of times, "Please leave. Everything breaks when you come home."
12 We are getting close to the end folks! Since I don't know where I'm going to be placed yet with working, my mind wanders to the only thing that I know for certain. I will have a bedroom of some sort in some city. So I think about decorating it. I had actually started these thoughts in Italy, which Sarah remembered, so she sent me my very first decoration. Her signature piece of artwork, my very own initial wall hanging. I LOVE it! It is in the colors I want to decorate with!
13 And finally...Sarah came to visit! In a last minute decision, Sarah came to visit College Station for a day. I got to hang with her for an hour. It was so fun spending time with her and getting to catch up on how her time home has been. Nothing is better than getting to spend time with someone who understands exactly what you are going through since they are in the same place. Thanks for stopping by Sarah!
The End! And remember, comments are always welcome!
1 comment:
yay katie! cute post. i like the thursday thirteen thing. AND...I'm sending you those precious photos of you and your goddaughter right now. They're super cute...you'll probably have to do another blog post *wink*
love.
Post a Comment