
Originally, I wanted to write a blog about some of the different indications that one has passed over into the "grown-up" world. My roommate, Regina, and I were laughing over something the other day and the words "You should write that in a blog" were said. I bet it was really funny. You would have laughed. Right now, though, I can't remember what it was at all. When it comes to me, maybe I'll actually write that blog.
This one won't be quite as inspirational or really funny. It might just be a filler. To be honest, after my blog friend, starshine report, linked my blog to hers, I feel like many more people have been looking at this site. I used to have about 8 readers that I knew personally, so if I let down their expectation of updating often, I knew they would forgive me and still keep checking. Now I have a pool of people that live all over the world (for example, Wylie, Texas...where is Wylie, Texas?) that check often, so I feel like I should update more to keep them coming. (By the way, all of you newbies are welcome to leave comments.)
So an update you will get.
Yesterday we had a picnic outreach where we invited our Italian friends to come eat, hang out, and play some sports with us. Italians are known for soccer. As Americans who do not like to get trompled, we decided to forgo the soccer for awhile and play a sport we made up...ultimate frisbee. It is a good thing Italians like to go along with our plan. They loved it. To be honest, I'm not one that really enjoys running. At the beginning of the game, I guarded my person. I ran back and forth with the plays of the frisbee. Then I got tired. I decided I would try a new tactic. I would only play offense. After the kick off of the frisbee, I would immediately run to the other end and stay there waiting for my team to get it to that end. It's a good thing the tactic worked. People began fearing me because I was always there to catch the frisbee to make a goal. Shouts like "Make sure someone's on Katie...Goodness, someone get on Katie...Watch out for Katie Bearden" and the such were heard. Now this is all really funny to me because I don't think I'm really all that harmful. I just didn't want to have to run back and forth on a rather large field. Others began following my lead, so Antonio, Charlotte and I had our fun little offense party with poor Caitlin alone to guard us all. I'm so grateful for the rest of the team who enjoyed running their hardest and taking the effort to get the frisbee down to our end. In the end, we won...by a lot.
I'm not really sure what the point of this whole story is, except to share a little part of yesterday with you. Today, I realized how, although it was so much fun, I am feeling the effects of even my smaller amounts of running. I am sunburned and sore. I chuckled to myself this morning when I rolled over to get out of bed and my body felt stiff. When I return to America in 4 weeks, I am going to have to find some sort of physical activity to do because my built-in exercise through walking everywhere is going to go away. After yesterday, I remember how much I love playing team sports. Maybe I will find a "just for fun" ultimate frisbee team.
3 comments:
wow, impressive!
Our SP is playing Ultimate today.....but we are watching So You Think You Can Dance, so that's out.....
I never knew you were such a closet frisbee player! haha
I think my aversion to it is that my people re too serious about it....
katie you are hilarious. stiff body and all.
and you know I love your blog, but I just found out So You Think You Can Dance is back on and all my previous thoughts have been erased.
so, good blog, roomie!
my dad's always looking for female ultimate players *wink* he would have me out there pregnant! hope you're enjoying your last few weeks. can't wait to see you. love.
Post a Comment