Pages

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Roman Holiday

Thank you to all who have been leaving comments in general (I love getting them), but also to those waiting expectantly for the "exciting post that will touch your heart."

This is not the post. The post was actually the October 31st one about my friend Palma who accepted Christ. Due to the timing in when I wrote it, before the Dr. McDreamy One, it got posted under that one in lovely chronological order. Unfortunately, that was the surprise post.

If you didn't read it, please look down two posts because it really is an exciting story.

Now on to the Roman Holiday. To be honest, I've never made it through that entire movie. There is this whole scene where Audrey Hepburn is sleepy and yawning for a good ten minutes and so far, without fail I fall asleep right around the time she does. It is a goal to finish it someday because I hear it is good. So that is all I know about that movie. I only know she is a princess and falls asleep. No more. So no comments about the rest of the film because then you would be ruining it for me.

I might not have finished Roman Holiday, but this weekend I feel like I conquered Rome. There is this long story about how I missed a flight last year, couldn't get reimbursed and ended up with plan tickets from Florence to Rome that I had to use before November 26 and a different story about how I tried to go to Rome twice last year. So on November 18, I used the plane tickets and made it to Rome for the first time.

My roommates and I realized that we created the perfect two day trip that allowed us to see everything and relax at the same time. Here are some pictures of our grand adventure.


Amazing when you think about everything that happened in this place!


After visiting the Colosseum, Wedding Cake Building, Pantheon, Piazza Nuovna, and walking the entire Via del Corso, we made it to the Spanish Steps and sat and people watched for about an hour and a half. It was glorious to my feet.


Then it was time for my favorite attraction...the Trevi Fountain!


Now, I am all a fan of eating Italian food when in Italy, but I have lived in Italy for a year and a half, so I know Italian food. What my taste buds missed was some good ol' Americano. Thank you Hard Rock Cafe! You made our evening!


Day One is now completed. Day Two we hit up Piazza Popolo and then headed to the Vatican. It just happened that the Pope speaks every Sunday at noon...right when we got there. So not only did we get to enjoy the beautiful Vatican, but we got to see the Pope. See him there in the little window.

Well friends, that was Rome. We came, we saw and we conquered and our feet have the blisters to prove it. If you ever need a tour guide, Sarah, Regina and I will be glad to help.

No comments: