Until two years ago due to the job I had working with college students, my life was always on this schedule. August was always the busiest month, but I loved the anticipation of what was to come. What a new school year would hold. With everyone else, I roamed the new school supply section so excited to pick out a new planner, notebook, and set of my favorite pens. There was a built in schedule that created the feelings of newness, hope, and change.
Although, few things in my life are dependent on this schedule anymore, I still love the anticipation that August brings. In our adoption process, it is the hope that we will be officially approved and waiting. In my last post, I mentioned that we had done our home study interview. That was a huge hurdle to pass. We were told it should take about 4-6 weeks for the state to officially approve us to be a waiting family. We are in week 6, and still waiting to hear back. So we wait.
In the meantime, however, we have been busy. Each family creates an Adoption Profile Book and Video for the birth moms to be able to view as they decide which family they desire to place their child with. It was an overwhelming process to think about how to genuinely depict your family in a limited space, but it was also an overwhelming worshipful process when looking at the end result. I am so proud of our book. It just makes me praise Jesus for all that He has done to bring Jason and I where we are today. Praise Jesus for the family and friends that He's put in our lives.
So it has been a summer of thankfulness. A summer filled with remembering what He has done, as well as creating lots of new memories with friends and family.
Will you continue to pray with us as we wait to get approved? Pray it would come quickly, so that we can then be a waiting family? Pray for our future child/children and their birth mother. Pray that we are patient in the hopeful anticipation.
Enjoy our ADOPTION PROFILE BOOK & VIDEO!
No comments:
Post a Comment