BUT it had everything to do with the fact that 10 years ago, on October 31, as a 19 year old sitting on the benches by Rudder Fountain at Texas A&M, I finally understood what it meant to fully surrender and live for Jesus. To not just call myself a Christian because it's a big part of my culture living in the US and especially in the South, but because Jesus is real!
This year, 10 years after that day by the fountain, I was at a leadership conference, and it was incredible privilege to be in the same room with so many of the people that have not only taught me what it looks like to continually learn and walk with Jesus, but have shown me through their lives! What a privilege to be able to tell them "Thank You" for still being there with me on this journey of following Jesus. It's crazy thinking about the adventure the Lord has brought me on in the past 10 years. My mind always initially thinks by locations, and with each of these came new ways of seeing the beauty of the Lord, new lessons of how to trust Him, new truths of who I am in Him! There were A&M, Spain, Italy, Kazakhstan, Houston, Indonesia, Texas Tech, Branson, Indonesia, Moscow, Colorado, Oklahoma, Switzerland, China, The Philippines, Arkansas, Memphis, Fort Worth, Pine Cove and so many more!
Throughout this adventure, I also love trying to think about how the Lord has been at work within year. If you know me at all, you know how I love putting personal meaning to things. For example, in college, since they were my favorite, my roommates and I had a grapevine that looked like an "Ent" from "The Lord of the Rings" that sat above our kitchen window for years. There wasn't a super deep meaning behind why we kept it, but I mean, if I can look at a little grapevine and come up with how it is significant (minus the fact that I wish I had somehow looked at it and thought John 15 more than a movie series), then I can find importance in most anything.
So in a deeper fashion, over the past 10 years, I've picked a song that represents the past year of life walking with the Lord. I'm not sure how I originally started this tradition, but after a couple of years, I decided it's one I want to do for the rest of my life. Some years there is a clear cut theme, some not so much. Some there is one song that I'm sure my friends get sick of hearing because it's on repeat every day. Some there are multiple songs that could work. Well this past year, was one that I probably could have picked a couple. The one I ended up with, though, I love! The year was a great year of trusting the Lord in new ways, but CONTINUALLY being reminded to just focus my eyes on Him. As new things continued to enter my life, and unknowns continue to be a very constant part of my life, I've been constantly reminded to stop and rest in continually going back to Jesus.
So here is the playlist of the past 10 years.
1. Everyday - Crimson
2. Hallelujah, What a Savoir You Are - Worship from Grace Bible Church
3. You Led Me - BarlowGirl
4. If You Want Me To - Ginny Owens
5. From the Inside Out - Hillsong United
6. Days Like These - Natalie Grant
7. I Know You are Calling - Jeremy Camp
8. What Have I Done? - Adie
9. I Will Follow - Chris Tomlin
10. Full Attention - Jeremy Riddle
Enjoy this year's song!
No comments:
Post a Comment